We ran a successful Kickstarter campaign for this product. Please go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1227007236/freeplay-zero-freeplay-cm3-by-freeplaytech to learn more about what the Freeplay Zero DIY Kit contains and what you do with it.
You will need to supply several accessories to successfully assembly a working Freeplay Zero using this kit.
The DIY Kit Includes
- Freeplay Zero Circuit Board (shown in red)
- 3.2″ LCD
- 40-pin Header (to solder to your Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W)
- X/Y Button Drill Guide
- 2 Gray X/Y Button Caps
- 2 Standoffs (for mounting your Raspberry Pi)
- Micro USB to USB Adapter (for connecting USB to your Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi Zero (or Zero W)
- Micro SD Card
- GBA-Style Shell & Rubber Button Pads (some shells include the pads)
- Battery (we carry this perfect fit battery or this cheaper alternative battery)
- Freeplaytech Glass LCD Lens Screen Cover (for that finishing touch)
- HDMI Adapter (for playing on the big screen or testing your build before you use the built-in LCD)
- Heatsink (for those of you that are concerned about heat or plan to overclock your Pi Zero)
- GPIO Hammer Header With Jig (if you don’t want to solder)
- Tri-Wing Screwdriver (the GBA-style shells often use tri-wing screws)
- Colored X/Y Button Caps (RetroModding.com external link)
Please see https://www.retromodding.com/collections/freeplaytechs-freeplay-zero-cm3/products/build-to-order-freeplay-zero-cm3 for any accessories that you may need that we don’t offer. On that page, you can also request to have Retro Modding build your Freeplay Zero DIY Kit for you.
In Stock / Currently Shipping